At SOSAFE we want to help you take care and protect your personal data. Therefore, we minimize our processing by requesting the minimum amount of data necessary for you to register your account. Along with the data that we collect when you create your account, we also store all the other information that you provide through our application and that relates to its use and operation.
We have decided to adhere to the strictest privacy regulation in the world, complying with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter “GDPR”) of the European Union; therefore, you have the right to review the personal data we collect about you and ask us to delete it or permanently delete your account. Our software does not perform any type of passive tracking or obtains any information from your device that is not related to the use of the application.
SOSAFE Partners are those public or private entities that through the paid version of SOSAFE® can contact users through the reports they create. Their access to the reports is limited by the geographical area contracted and they have access to the same information as the rest of the SOSAFE® users along with additional access to contact the user who created the report by telephone. In addition, they can send messages of interest to users according to the corresponding contact settings.
To exercise your rights or for any questions about how we protect your information and the treatment we make of your data, you are welcome to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Likewise, you have the right to attend the corresponding control authority in your country.
🤔 What data do we collect and what do we use it for?
We use your phone number and email to identify you as a user. The use of your name and home address is optional. Your name is for SOSAFE users to identify you better. The address of your home is only used so that we can inform you about the incidents reported in your neighborhood or for eventual mass communications of the SOSAFE Partners that are relevant to you. The content of your reports and conversations is also kept to keep a record of them that is accessible to the participants of them.
Your personal data is not sold to third parties. When we perform statistics on the use of the application, they do not contain your personal data or other additional information for the purpose of the measurement that allows you to identify yourself individually (for example, we will measure in which sectors more lost pets are registered, but we will not use your name or your pet's).
SOSAFE Partners are all those public or private entities that can respond to your reports. They have access to the same public information as other users, having only additional access to your phone number to help you resolve your report. SOSAFE Partners are prohibited from making additional use of this information for purposes beyond the use of our platform.
Your personal data is only saved for as long as you wish to keep your account with us. If you request it, they will be removed along with it.
All reports are public. When you make a report, your name, the content you enter and the location of the report are shared. Additionally, our operators or those entities that correspond to the location of your report have access to your telephone number to be able to contact you and help you. If you use the option to report anonymously, neither your name nor avatar will be public. If you delete or edit one of your reports, a record of the previous version of this will remain. When you make a report, we also register your geolocation for usability analysis and statistics, this information is exclusively used by SOSAFE for internal development purposes and we do not deliver or sell it to any third party.
The exception to the foregoing are the drug reports, which by default are only visible by those Partners that serve in the area corresponding to said report.
Public and private entities, together with our users, coexist in SOSAFE®. These entities have access to the same information that you decide to share with the rest of the users publicly in the application, as in the reports or comments. In addition, those entities that are indicated in a given report, can see your username, location of your report and telephone number and do not have access to other information that you expressly share with them. These additional data are provided for the sole purpose of allowing them to contact you to resolve your report.
As its own name points out, the use of the emergency function is exceptional. If you use it, the same data will be shared as in a normal report, but users of a group you belong to will be able to see your name, lastname and have access to call you, in which case they will be able to see your phone number.
📂 Third party services and transfers of personal data
All our suppliers comply with the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union and, consequently, they cannot use your personal data for a purpose other than that which motivated said transfer.
All cookies that we use in addition to those necessary for the operation of our website are optional and require your prior consent to be installed. You can see the list of these cookies here.
The services provided by third parties are:
- We use GOOGLE GOOGLE ANALYTICS to obtain anonymous statistical information on the navigation of our website that generally includes your location and some data of your browser in accordance with Google's policy. The purpose of this data processing is to record visit and usability metrics of our website. This information is obtained through Cookies and requires your express prior consent to be installed.
- We store and process our data in AMAZON WEB SERVICES. Therefore, all the information you enter or use SOSAFE is transferred to them. They do not have direct access to this data and this information is our exclusive use. AMAZON has an additional compliance with the care of your personal data through binding corporate regulations.
- We use AMPLITUDE to measure the usage activity of our users with the application and the flow of their actions. The purpose of this transmission is to register failures and usability data of our software to deliver a better user experience.
- We use LOGROCKET to keep a record of the activities of SOSAFE Partners and their operators. We use this information exclusively for metrics and to solve problems they have with the use of the application.
- We use FROGED for our web chat. They cannot access your contact information or the content of your conversations, which are only accessible and viewed by us.
- We use MAILCHIMP and MANDRILL to have analytics of our emails and newsletters. They do not have direct access to this data and this information is our exclusive use.
- We use PUSHER for real-time communication of our platform. This information is our exclusive use.
- We use REDIS as the configuration database. They do not have direct access to this data and this information is our exclusive use.
- We use SLACK for our internal communications, where data is sometimes transmitted from any of the other services we use. SLACK is compliant with the GDPR through Privacy Shield certification and the use of standard contractual clauses for personal data protection.
- We use the log-in system and the ACCOUNT KIT service from FACEBOOK. In these cases, Facebook will only transmit the data derived from your log-in method to identify you as a user.
- We use SALESFORCE as a platform to manage the commercial information of our customers. We send you the information you provide in the document download forms on our website or those you use to obtain commercial information.
- We use CHECKMOBI to implement the single-use log-in or password system. In these cases CheckMobi returns the data derived from its verification method to identify you as a user.
✉️ Newsletters and contact form
If you subscribe to our newsletter you will receive weekly updates with news of our application, surveys and relevant information for our users. If you use our web contact form, we will only contact you in relation to the reason you contacted us.
If you are a SOSAFE® user, we will only contact you with information directly related to our application and your account.
💬 Your rights and how to exercise them
In compliance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of the European Union, you have the right to access and modify your personal data, which you can exercise at any time by entering to your account settings. In addition, you have the right to the portability of your personal data. This means that you can ask us for a copy of all the personal data we store about you. You can exercise this right once every 3 months.
You also have the right to delete your personal data. Thus, if you wish, you can also delete your account and ask us to delete all your personal data contained in it, which cannot be recovered. To make these requests you must contact us at email@example.com. In this case, we will only keep a record of your deletion request for legal purposes.
Finally, you have the right to restrict the processing or collection of your personal data, but since we do not make a passive treatment of your personal data, it is enough that you do not use our application so that there is no collection.
You have the obligation to provide reliable data in your account. If these do not allow us to verify your identity at the time of making a request regarding your personal data, the exercise of these rights will not be possible.
🔒 Organizational security
All our professionals are contractually obliged to protect the privacy of our users through confidentiality clauses. The transmission of data to and from us is done through secure encryption by SSL.
According to existing resources, SOSAFE is constantly reviewing its systems and data to guarantee the best possible service to our customers. In the event of any attack on our systems, or the data incorporated into them, we will act diligently, proceeding to the complaint before the competent authority, cooperating with the investigation, in the terms that correspond to the magnitude of the event and the resources available, in order to pursue or initiate the corresponding civil and criminal actions, always respecting the confidentiality of the users of the application.